This class is currently full - you can add yourself to the waiting list through the form below and you will be notified if a space becomes available for you.
Join us as we bird South Carolina’s Blue Ridge! This time of year, we could see a variety of migratory birds as well as resident birds and maybe a few winter residents, such as kinglets and Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers, that have not departed. We will spend part of our time birding at Sassafras Mountain, South Carolina's highest point, were we may see Common Raven and Dark-eyed Juncos. We will also hit other area hotspots in the southern Appalachian Foothills.
Where: Field Day will take place at birding hotspots in Pickens County. You will receive directions to exact meeting location after you register.
When: Friday, April 26th from 9:00am until 2:00pm
Who: This training is led by Tim Lee - click here to read Tim's bio. Training is open to the public. No prior knowledge is required. Minimum age is 16.
For SC Master Naturalists, this event can count as Advanced Training and towards your statewide certification if you need an upstate component. Lunch will last thirty minutes, so depending on when we finish, this will count for approximately 4.5 hours of training. If you are not a Master Naturalist, just come have fun with us. Participants will also receive contact info of other participants to allow for carpooling to the class.
To ensure a quality experience for all, space is strictly limited to 15 participants. Classes fill quickly, register today! After registration, you will receive an email with lodging recommendations, directions, and any other details pertinent to the class.
Other Important Notes:
• If available, please bring binoculars & your favorite field guide to Eastern birds.
• Restrooms may not be available at class location. Pink and blue bushes are along the trail…
• Participants should bring a bag lunch, water and be prepared for a day in the field.
• There is no rain date for this event. We will make every effort to hold it, even in a few rain showers. If it looks like a deluge, we'll notify you of cancellation and refund your money.
• After registering, you will receive important correspondence via email. If you change your email between now and then, make sure to notify us.
Cost: The cost is $60.00 per person and limited to the first 15 people that register.
IMPORTANT: Participants should be in good physical shape. Birding involves alot of standing, and we may cover some distance in our field work.
PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS EVENT UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN YOU CAN HANDLE THESE CONDITIONS.
Questions? Please contact Sara Green, SCWF Director of Education.