- About Us
- Stay Informed
- Support Us
The South Carolina Wildlife Federation
invites you to join us for our:
| Auction & Wild Game Feast
August 8, 2015
Seawell's Catering, Columbia
Wild Game, Wild Items, and Wild Times...
To a crowd of over 300 people, we will be auctioning off just about anything anyone could ever want! There are beautiful works of art; jewelry; guided birding and wildlife-watching trips; hunting and fishing excursions, both in South Carolina and other amazing places; guided river and kayak tours; hunting and fishing equipment; and much more. Event will include live & silent auctions, prize drawings & games, wild game feast, open bar, and much more!
As a non-profit organization, the Federation’s primary source of funding is through memberships and general donations. The WILD Summer’s Night Auction provides 15%-20% of our operating budget for the year. We raised over $54,000 last year!
Join us this year and help support our wildlife conservation and education programs!
6:00 pm - Registration, Hors d'oeuvres, Silent Auction begins
Wild Game Feast will feature: venison, quail, duck, alligator, catfish, shrimp, and much more!
Attire: Business Casual
2014 LIVE AUCTION ITEMS:
• Extended weekend in Caesar's Head, SC - Spend a long weekend (Thurs-Sun) at this 5-bedroom/ 5-bathroom cottage that sleeps 10. Enjoy the fresh air with a group of friends. Donated by Robert Barber.
• Framed print, Riverscape by Michael Story - An award-winning artist who teaches pastel and oil painting, Michael Story’s landscape paintings have been featured in numerous publications, gracing the cover of South Carolina Wildlife and Sandlapper, among others. Donated by Michael Story and framed by Havens Fine Framing in Mt. Pleasant.
• Mills House Weekend in Charleston - Enjoy 2 nights at the Mills House Hotel, $25 to AW Shucks, 2 tickets to the SC Aquarium, 2 tickets to Old Exchange building, 2 tickets to Old South Carriage Tours, 2 Spiritline Harbor Tour passes, 2 passes to Boone Hall Plantation, and $100 certificate to Lana Restaurant (expires 8/2/15).
• Drop point hunting knife with Himalayan sheet horn handle and custom leather sheath - In 1989, Jim took a knife-making class at Ft. Steward, GA. After moving to Wagener, SC, he perfected his knife-making under the guidance of George Herron and Geno Denning. Jim has won several awards for his hand-crafted knives. Donated by J.B. Frazier Knives.
• World Class Trout Fishing in Patagonia, Argentina - Known world-wide as a trout fishing destination, the successful bidder will enjoy three days and three nights for one fisherman and one non-fishing guest in the San martin de los Andes region of Argentina. Trophy brook, brown, and rainbow trout are abundant in this region. Arranged by Argentina Wild Wings, Denton Lindsay and SCWF Board member, Charlie Mayer. Denton can arrange side trips and add-ons like trips to extra ordinary waterfalls, wine tours and tango shows to fully experience Argentina.
• Emotion’s Guster 10 Kayak & Gear from Cabela’s – Superb stability and maneuverability on the water make Emotion's Guster 10 Kayak the easy choice for novices and experts alike. ST Performance Hull, made of durable high-density polyethylene, delivers speed, tracking and maneuverability on large lakes and bays or slow-moving rivers and creeks. Kayak is accompanied by a light-weight CavPro Fiberglass Paddle and a Cabela’s Full Motion PFD. Donated by Cabela’s.
• Three-night weekend stay in "Creekside" home in McClellanville - Located on beautiful Jeremy Creek, "Creekside" is a lovely five bedroom house with all the comforts of home and a deepwater dock minutes from the Inter-coastal waterway. Situated on nearly two waterfront acres, it features a screened porch and raised balcony/deck, screened ground-level entertainment area with games and kitchen, a firepit and outdoor entertainment area. Donated by former SCWF chair, Clinch Heyward.
• Endangered Wildlife Medallions – This collection includes 36 Longines Symphonette America's Natural Legacy Series Endangered Wildlife Sterling Silver Medallions. These sterling silver metals were minted in high-relief with an antique silver finish and each one features a different endangered species native to North America. Donated by Jim Telfer.
• African Photo Safari for Two People - Our most popular trip over the years - get in touch with your wild side with this 6-day and 6-night adventure in a luxurious lodge in the heart of South Africa's Zululand conservation region. Three meals a day are provided by the lodge’s ethnic chefs and professional game rangers will give you the experience of a lifetime. Airfare not included.
• Weatherby PA-08 Lady/Youth Upland Pump Shotgun in 20-gauge – One of the most prestigious name in firearms. A short stock, lightweight shotgun with easy pump action, 22" barrel with vent rib and screw in choke tubes and a Premier Grade Walnut Stock. Provided by Shooter’s Choice.
• Honda 21-inch, self-propelled lawn mower - This single-speed mower has a heavy-duty steel mowing deck with a side discharge and a Honda premium residential GCV160 engine. Donated by Honda of South Carolina Mfg., Inc.
• Goodwill Plantation Turkey Hunt & Bass Fishing - One morning guided turkey hunt for two hunters on the famed Goodwill Plantation and one afternoon of Bass fishing for two on the 80 acre Goodwill Millpond. Lodging and meals included. Trip valid April 2015 on mutually agreeable dates. Hosted/Donated by Tom Milliken, Tombo Milliken, Larry Faulkenberry and Jerry Faulkenberry.
• Mossberg - 100ATR Bolt Action 30.06 Cal. Matte Black Finish and Black Synthetic Stock - This is an excellent deer rifle which features a free-floating, button-rifled barrel for optimal accuracy. A recessed muzzle crown offers protection, and rubber pads reduce felt recoil and help keep your shot stable. The side-lever safety is conveniently located for easy access, and an integral synthetic trigger guard allows easy cleaning and maintenance. Provided by Shooter’s Choice.
• 3 Day Argentina Dove Hunt for 4 people at Argentina Wild Wings - The hunt includes 2 full days and 2 half days of high volume dove hunting, deluxe accommodations in a private "estancia" (El Paraiso Lodge), gourmet meals, open bar (local alcohol), bird boys, and assistance at customs in Cordoba. Airfare not included. Expires 12/31/15.
• Snow Goose Hunting Trip in Mardela Springs, MD. The snow goose hunting in Maryland this past year was tremendous and this coming season is guaranteed to be more of the same! Package includes food and lodging for two days and two nights. Hunter must be at least 18 years of age. Travel to MD not included. Donated by DOA Outfitters Inc.
• Nine-Layer Caramel Cake –A long-standing tradition as the last item of the Wild Summer’s Night Auction! Delicious!! Donated by Eleanor Guess.
Food/Drink Related Items
• 18-layer chocolate cake. Donated by Wil Brown and Christy Rogers.
• “Stock the Bar” Package, includes: Hochstadter’s Slow ‘n Low, Luksusowa Vodka, Licor 43, Villa Massa Limoncella, and Josh Chardonnay. Donated by Rob Robertson.
• 9-Layer Chocolate Cake. Donated by Eleanor Guess.
• Private wine tasting for up to 16 people. Includes samples of five wines, bread, and tasting notes. Donated by Best Bottle Wine and Gifts located on Garners Ferry Rd, Columbia.
• Small share (for 2 people) in CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) Program at City Roots in Columbia. For 8 weeks during Fall 2014, you can pick up a bag of fresh, local produce from City Roots each Thursday from 12 noon to 7pm. Bags may include: Lettuce, Kale, Collards, Radish, Beets, Spinach, Arugula, Nasturtiums and MicroGreens (Sunflower, Snow Pea, Radish, Arugula, Mustard, Watercress, Broccoli, Kale). Donated by City Roots.
• $25 Gift Certificate & 2 jars of jam from Old McCaskill’s Farm in Rembert, SC, in a Thirty-one Littles Carry-all. Donated by McCaskill’s Farm and Barbie Jackson.
• Moonshine Package: T-shirt, keychain that turns into a shotglass, and a bottle of Tim Smith's Climax Moonshine. Packaged in a camo utility bin. Donated by Rob Robertson and Barbie Jackson.
• 18-layer caramel cake. Donated by Wil Brown and Christy Rogers.
• Honda 35cc, 4 stroke brush trimmer. Donated by Honda of South Carolina Mfg., Inc.
• Car Maintenance Package- A set of Four Michelin Tires (15, 16, 17, 18, 19, or 20 inch rim diameter passenger or light truck tires) donated by Michelin, and five full-service carwash coupons from Frank's Car Wash in Lexington, Columbia, Greenwood, Sumter, Irmo or Orangeburg.
• Gardener's Package - Book, Wildflowers and Plant Communities of the Southern Appalachian Mountains and Piedmont by Timothy Spira, two $50 gift certificates to Woodley’s Garden Center in Columbia & Irmo, and an Eastern Bluebird Nesting Box. Donated by Chris Daves, Woodley's Garden Center, & SCWF.
• 25 sheets of 4’x8’ square sets of heavy duty pine lattice. Available for pickup in Allendale, SC. Donated by Collum's Lumber Products.
• Create a beautiful garden with this collection of 36 native perennial plants. Donated by Todd Beasley and Heathwood Hall Episcopal School.
• Trophy Eastern Wild Turkey Hunt- Enjoy an awesome day of hunting on trophy-managed private land in Bamberg County, SC. This is great turkey land with many old Toms and young Jakes around. The hunting is for one hunter (bring a youth to hunt with us for no extra charge) for a morning and an afternoon hunt with lunch and lodging included. Donated by Jody Childs.
• Wooden "Sudden Death" Turkey Call signed by Leon Lott, Richland County Sheriff. Donated by Kathy Stephens.
• Savage .17 - Model 93R17 Rifle in 17MHR, 21" barrel with camo stock and magazine fed. Comes with the new adjustable accutrigger system. Provided by Shooter’s Choice. Also includes a 1-hour Gun Labor certificate at Amicks Guns, Inc. (Shooting Solutions) in Gaston, SC.
• Hog Hunting in Abbeville - Enjoy good hunting and good company with SCWF board chairman, Don Moorhead, for two nights of feral hog hunting. Two hunters welcome to come, with rustic accommodations. All meals included. Located in Abbeville County, near Honea Path, SC.
• One 8-hour Concealed Weapons Permit Course, donated by Amicks Guns, Inc. (Shooting Solutions) in Gaston, SC.
• Ruger 22LR - American Compact 22LR Rimfire Rifle with 16.5" barrel and a Black Synthetic compact stock. Provided by Shooter’s Choice. Also includes a 1-hour Gun Labor certificate at Amicks Guns, Inc. (Shooting Solutions) in Gaston, SC.
• Trophy Whitetail Hunt for Two - Enjoy an awesome day of hunting on trophy-managed private land in Bamberg County, SC. The hunting is for two hunters for a morning and an afternoon hunt, with lunch and lodging included. We will take care of getting you to and from your stand and getting harvested game to the processor. One trophy buck and one doe per hunter. Donated by Jody Childs.
• Side by side Tri Star Sporting Arms 12-gauge shotgun donated by Kathy Stephens, and a 1-hour Gun Labor certificate at Amicks Guns, Inc. (Shooting Solutions) in Gaston, SC.
• Turkey Hunt for 2 in Florence County - Two hunters will join Eric McClam of City Roots and Benton Wislinski of SCWF for a Friday evening cook-out, cocktails, pond fishing and cards. The turkey hunt will begin bright and early Saturday morning. Lodging at the cabin, fishing gear, food, cocktails, etc. will be provided. Hunting gear and firearms can be provided, if needed. This is SC Game Zone 4. Trip valid April 2015 on mutually agreeable dates. Property located in Southern Florence County, near Lake City. Donated by Eric McClam and Benton Wislinski.
• Sporting Clays for Four at the private 1,500-acre Duck Bottom Plantation located on the Wateree River near Camden, SC. Four people will enjoy a round of sporting clays, lunch, and a property tour. Donated by Duck Bottom Plantation.
• 1 year Range Membership and 1 seat in a Concealed Weapons Permit class donated by Shooter’s Choice.
• Mauser Model 98 bolt action rifle used by German Soldiers against American Infantry during World War II. Made at the Mauser Factory in Obernodorf, Germany between 1941-1942. Donated by Jim Holloway. Also includes a 1-hour Gun Labor certificate at Amicks Guns, Inc. (Shooting Solutions) in Gaston, SC.
• Trout Fishing Trip for Two - Let SCWF Board Member Jody Childs guide you to those special "honey holes" on SC Upstate Rivers, where our DNR stocks trout regularly. The fishing trip is for two and includes lunch, lodging and all the necessary equipment. Donated by Jody Childs.
• One-day Guided Fly Fishing Trip in Brevard, NC for Two. Includes: Half-day instruction if needed, half-day on-stream fishing, all equipment provided. Travel not included. Donated by Frank Bush & Joe DiMichael.
• Two brand new Shakespeare Navigator Spincast fishing rods, from Angling Women, along with your choice of one of the following: Private instruction for up to 5 people to learn basic fishing techniques (all gear provided) OR Backyard Fishing Party for up to 10 children (all gear provided for fishing-themed games and activities-you provide refreshments) OR Customized School visit for up to 2 classes on an aquatic education themed program. Donated by Angling Women.
• Berkley Sportsman's Pro Cart. Donated by Pure Fishing.
• Framed Print, Serenity, by Jim Booth. Framed by Frame Warehouse.
• Framed print, Black Duck in Anderson County, by Jim Killen. Donated by Jack Boggs.
• Framed print, Pond at Magnolia Gardens, by Michael Story. Framed by Elite Framing.
• Framed painting, Batik Pears. Painted & Donated by Frankie Bush.
• Framed print, Island Egret, by Jim Booth. Framed by The Frame Shop.
• Metal Gamecock Sculpture by Bob Doster. Donated by Doster's Backstreet Studio.
• Cardinals with Dogwood, by Anne Worsham Richardson. Donated by Birds I View Gallery.
• Framed Tiny Soldiers photography print. Donated by Simms Brooks Photography.
• Framed 12-Gauge photography print. Donated by Simms Brooks Photography.
• Framed Intake Towers photography print. Donated by Simms Brooks Photography.
• Framed Bald Eagle with Crappie photography print. Donated by Donald Wuori.
• Framed Print, The Flag & Coca Cola, by Jim Harrison, donated by Chris Cannon and framed by Accent Framing Gallery.
• Framed Print, Shem Creek 1970s, by Jim Booth. Framed by Framing Plus.
• Caesar’s Head Vacation - Spend a weekend at this 3-bedroom mountain getaway that sleeps 6 and hike the trails, enjoy the pool or tennis courts, or just enjoy the views of Table Rock at 3200 feet. Donated by Ben Gregg.
• BMW Performance Driving School in Greer - In a BMW for the day, master emergency braking, skid control, throttle steering, and how to control your car in an emergency! Not only great knowledge, but a ton of fun! We can teach you how to diagnosis these adverse driving conditions in a safe, controlled environment under the watchful eyes of a professional driver. All participants must hold a valid driver's license. Donated by BMW Manufacturing.
• Lake Monticello Vacation- 4 days/3 nights at 3BR/1BA house on Lake Monticello-Recreation Lake, Blair, SC. Donated by Ellen Green.
• 2015 Purple Martin Pontoon Cruise on Lake Murray between late June and end of July 2015. Includes dinner for 10 on board the boat. One of SC's wildlife wonders! 6:30pm-10pm. Bidder can substitute a picnic lunch on Lake Murray if birds do not return. Donated by Curtis and Suzanne Rhodes.
• Weekend in Columbia - Two-night stay at Doubletree by Hilton (expires 2/2/15), 2 Blue Marlin Restaurant $50 gift certificates, 1 bottle of wine, 4 Riverbanks Zoo passes (expire 5/29/15), and $25 DiPrato's Deli gift certificate.
• Santee Golfing - Four rounds of golf with cart for 18 holes at Santee Cooper Country Club or Lake Marion Golf Course. Expires 6/30/15.
• Guided canoe/kayak trip for 4 adults through Beidler Forest in Four Holes Swamp in Harleyville, SC. Donated by Audubon South Carolina.
• Edisto Treehouse Adventure - Canoeing for 2 on the Edisto River for two days, with overnight accommodations in a treehouse on the river. The treehouses are a half-way stop on a 23-mile canoe trip on an undeveloped river. They are comfortable camping... off the grid... no electricity... no running water (except of course the river). They have tiki torches, oil candles, and outhouses. We recommend that you have canoeing experience sufficient to steer around fallen trees on outside bends in a moderate flow (1-3 knots). This is a self-guided trip. Donated by Carolina Heritage Outfitters. Any Sunday-Friday. Expires 12/31/14.
• 7 Days/6 Nights at Wild Bluff on the Edisto River. Designed and built by landscape architect Robert E. Marvin in the mid-seventies. The all-glass tree house has been featured in Southern Living on two occasions. There is a view of the river from every room in the house, except the bath. The post and beam construction allows the building to tread lightly on this environmentally sensitive site. Donated by Wild Bluff, LLC.
• Golf in Charleston County - 4 golf passes, with cart, at The Links at Stono Ferry in Hollywood, SC.
• Charleston Package 1 – One-night stay in deluxe guest room at Francis Marion Hotel, 2 Old Exchange building tickets, 2 tickets to Charleston Museum or Museum Houses, 2 tickets to Greenline Bus Tour of Historic District, $20 to Charleston Crab House, 2 general admission tickets to Boone Hall Plantation.
• Charleston Package 2 - Two nights at Palmer Pinckney Inn, 2 tickets to Spiritline Dinner Cruise, 2 tickets to Palmetto Carriage Tours, 2 tickets to Old Exchange Building, $20 to Charleston Crab House, 2 tickets to SC Aquarium and $25 to AW Shucks.
• Private two-hour sunset boat cruise along the Intracoastal Waterway. Departing from Isle of Palms Marina, you and a guest will have the perfect opportunity to watch the sun set on the water as we meander through the creeks. *2 person, private charter on a 15' Bulls Bay boat. Folks are welcome to bring food and drink, etc. Donated by Bea Girndt.
• 2 Nights at Chaetau Relaxo on Edisto Island, six adult admissions with two child admissions to Edisto Island Serpentarium, and the book Tideland Treasure by Todd Ballantine. This cabin is the only house on a scenic, oak lined road, just around the corner from the largest protected property on Edisto. It features 3 bedrooms & 2 baths, sleeps 6. Subject to availability, excludes Labor Day weekend, and valid through Sept. 2015. Donated by Botany Bay Ecotours, Edisto Island Serpentarium, and University of South Carolina Press.
• One roundtrip airline ticket in continental US on Delta, plus insulated bag, 2 beach towels, and travel magazines. Donated by Forest lake Travel.• Baltimore Fun – Two-Night-Stay at Embassy Suites and 4 Tickets to National Aquarium in Baltimore.
• Four Disney World Park Hopper Passes to Disney's theme parks in Orlando, FL. Also includes 2 bags, 3 hats, 2 hacky sacks, 1 waterbottle and a frisbee. Passes valid for 2 years from date issued.
Gifts & Specialty Items
• Big Dog Package – Large Collar & Leash, Perfect Pet Wristlet, Large Booda Bone Toy, Tundra dog treats, rawhide, large bowl, and 4 rolls of poopbags. Donated by Barbie Jackson.
• Handcrafted pen; shotgun style, ebony and cocobolo wood. Donated by Julian Watson.
• Carved and painted South Carolina Lovespoon. Donated by Nancy Marsella.
• Carved and painted Wood Duck Feather Pin and Cinnamon Teal Feather Pin. Donated by Nancy Marsella.
• Choice of 1 bow tie from a collection of 4 ties (duck, deer, camo, or stars/stripes). Donated by Tight Lines Y'all.
• Clemson Tailgating Package - 4 Clemson embroidered Thirty-one bags (includes large utility tote, organizing utility tote, picnic thermal tote, and spirit cinch sac – all bags discontinued and no longer available for sale), NWTF utility knife, and a Grey Ghost Bakery cookie gift box. Donated by Barbie Jackson and Grey Ghost Bakery.
• Carolina Tailgating Package - 4 Gamecock embroidered Thirty-one bags (includes large utility tote, organizing utility tote, picnic thermal tote, and spirit cinch sac – all bags discontinued and no longer available for sale), NWTF utility knife, and a Grey Ghost Bakery cookie gift box. Donated by Barbie Jackson and Grey Ghost Bakery.
• Camping Package – 2 Fire Bugz Campfire poles, 1 Mega mat waterproof picnic/beach blanket, 2 reusable recycled plates, Gooseberry "Grilling and Campfire Cooking" cookbook, Thirty-one Camo Cinch sack, and the book, Claws, by Archibald Rutledge. Donated by Mast General Store, Barbie Jackson, and University of South Carolina Press.
• Dick's $30 gift certificate and a camo soft thermal cooler and camo thermal zip pouch from Thirty-one. Donated by Dick’s Sporting Goods and Barbie Jackson.
• Oysterflage apron, t-shirt, and two belts. Donated by Tideline Outfitters.
• $100 Backpacker gift certificate, hat, and camelback water bottle. Donated by The Backpacker Quality Gear in Columbia.
• $150 gift certificate for new patient chiropractic care. Expires 10/31/14. Donated by Chiropractic Wellness Center, Inc. on Forest Drive in Columbia, SC.
• 2 great books signed by the authors: "Moonbird" A Year on the Wind with the Great Survivor B95" signed by Phillip Hoose, and "The Natural History of Congaree Swamp" by L. L. Gaddy with John Cely.
• Scrapbooking Albums - Two creative memories albums with tape runner, pages, page protectors, one pen, bag and embellishments.
• SCWF Polo Shirt (Men’s XL), Cap, 2 Water Bottles, and 2 Mugs in a Thirty-one camo utility bin.
• One annual online advertising package using CarolinaLiving.com. Includes a Feature page highlight jumbo banner on your destination article, 12 fixed logo banners, text link to your website, and more. Donated by Patrick Mason.
• Dog Package 2 – Small & Large Collars, Leash, Perfect Pet Wristlet, Bil-Jac dog treats, Pheasant dog toy, rawhide bone and 4 rolls of poopbags. Donated by Barbie Jackson.
2014 PRIZE DRAWINGS:
• Tri Sport Magnum Hunter Over-Under Shotgun. 3.5" Magnum, 12-gauge with 28" barrels and screw in chokes. Full camo finish.
• T/C Venture Bolt Action Rifle in 270win with Weathershield finish and synthetic black stock, 5R Match grade bbl.
• BPS Pump Shotgun 12 GA and 26" Barrel with Screw In choke tubes. Gloss blue finish and walnut grade I stock.
WILD WALL DRAWING: Buy a square on the Wild Wall for $20 and get a 1 in 100 chance at $1000 cash.
WINE TOSS GAME: For $20, toss a ring over the bottle of wine of your choice and take it with you!