Thank you for your service on the SCWF Board of Directors. By completing the pledge below, you will help us to plan for the coming year, and beyond, for our membership, education & advocacy events as well as for cash-flow. Thank you for your attention to this matter. If you have any questions, please contact Board Chair, Jason Burbage, at (843) 708-8278.
SCWF Board of Directors Agreement & Pledge
I understand that as a member of the Board of Directors of the South Carolina Wildlife Federation, I have a responsibility to ensure that the organization does the best work possible in pursuit of its goals. I believe in the purpose and the mission of the organization, and I will act responsibly and prudently as its steward.
The Mission of the South Carolina Wildlife Federation is:
To conserve and restore South Carolina’s wildlife and wildlife habitat through education and advocacy.
As part of my responsibilities as a board member:
1. I will interpret the organization's work and values to the community, represent the organization, and act as a spokesperson.
2. I understand that the commitment is for three (3) years and I will make sincere efforts to attend at least 3/4 of board meetings (four scheduled per year), committee meetings, and special events each year.
3. I will make a personal financial contribution at a level that is meaningful to me, realizing that the minimum expectation is donating $250 annually.
4. I will actively participate in one or more fundraising, education or membership activities.
5. I will act in the best interests of the organization, and excuse myself from discussions and votes where I have a conflict of interest.
6. I will stay informed about what's going on in the organization. I will ask questions and request information. I will participate in, and take responsibility for, making decisions on issues, policies and other board matters.
7. I will work in good faith with staff and other board members as partners towards achievement of our goals.
8. I will make myself available, as needed, to share my expertise, and connect staff with resources in my community and/or my personal or professional network.
9. I agree to assist in building relationships with high donors by calling to thank them as needed by the staff.
10. If I don't fulfill these commitments to the organization, I will expect the board chair to call me and discuss my responsibilities with me.
In turn, the organization will be responsible to me in several ways:
1. I will be sent, without request, regular financial reports and an update of organizational activities that allow me to meet the "prudent person" section of the law.
2. Opportunities will be offered to me to discuss with the executive director and the board chair the organization's programs, goals, activities, and status; additionally, I can request such opportunities.
3. The organization will help me perform my duties by keeping me informed about issues in the industry and field in which we are working, and by offering me opportunities for professional development as a board member.
4. Board members and staff will respond in a straightforward fashion to questions I have that I feel are necessary to carry out my fiscal, legal and moral responsibilities to this organization. Board members and staff will work in good faith with me towards achievement of our goals.
If the organization does not fulfill its commitments to me, I can call on the board chair and executive director to discuss these responsibilities.
SCWF Board Member Commitment for 2019:
Please complete the following form to pledge your commitment for this year. This commitment will be reported to the Executive Committee, and SCWF staff will follow-up with you at the appropriate time to collect on your pledges.